Useful Tips for New Mom’s to Keep your House OrganizedAugust 30, 2018
Useful Tips for New Mom’s to Keep your House Organized
Congratulations you are a new mom! With that comes the excitement of a truly life changing event. For the longest time your space was your own but with your growing family comes the need to keep everything organized. Kids bring clutter so here are a few useful tips to help maintain an organized home for new moms.
• Create designated places to store things like toys and crafts. This will help you find things and help teach your little ones a few organization skills of their own!
• Utilize storage spaces at your own home. Using Blue Crates storage crates are a great way to stay organized and catalog your kids toys and crafts.
• Store strollers offsite. This saves a lot of space and makes it easy for you to use the same stroller for your next little one without having it take up all of your space at home.
• Kids grow out of clothing and toys, but that does not mean they should be tossed out. Kid number two may be down the road so utilize a storage provider to keep these keepsake / hand me down until its time. No need to clutter your home in the meantime.
• Treat baby equipment as a piece of furniture. Sure its cute to see your bundle of joy in their play pen but, it doesn’t lend itself to taking up space in the middle of a room. Items like these placed in the wrong place can make a room look small and cluttered.
• Be realistic about saving memories. Everything your kid does is an amazing moment and if it is your first go at this you will truly believe that and for the most part we are sure it is true, but don’t fall into the trap of saving every Crayola scribbled piece of construction paper. Doing so will surely lead to an overflow of stuff with nowhere to put them.
• Do You! Don’t worry too much about what other new moms are doing for their storage or organization needs. Do what works for you. Nobody is expecting your place to look the same as it did before you had kids so take it easy in knowing that your guest will give you a pass if there are a few toys here and there.
• Blue Crates is a great tool for new moms looking to stay organized as well.